Rev. Ron Nelson
1. Preside at all meetings
2. Prepare agenda for all meetings
3. Countersign all Local Court checks
4. Represent the Court at meetings of the State Court. If possible attend State Convention & Conference
5. Follow Roberts Rules (Note: our Court has the State Parliamentarian as a member)
6. Ensure Financial Reviews are completed every 6 months (schedule meeting with District Deputy)
7. Enforce Local Standing Rules
8. Sign all correspondence of the Local Court unless authority is designated to the Recording Secretary.
9. Work with Newsletter Editor. Making sure all necessary information is covered.
10. Appoint Circle of Love Chair and Special Committee Chairs
1. Assist Regent when requested
2. Standing Rules Committee Chair
3. Read Correspondence from State and National at Court meetings
1. Keep accurate minutes of all meetings
2. Present list of all bills to be paid to Court Treasurer
3. Conduct correspondence of Local Court, except as specified under the duties of the Financial Secretary
1. Receive all Monies for the court
2. Issue receipts, post receipts in cash book and post receipts on membership card
3. Count money with Treasurer and issue receipt
4. Reports changes in membership by sending application, renewal and forms to state & national
5. Place orders for supplies.
1. Receive all monies from Financial Secretary only and give receipt to Financial Secretary
2. Pay all bills with approval of Court.
3. Present a Treasurer’s Report at the regular meeting
4. Make bank deposits
5. Balance check book
6. Record all transaction in ledger
7. Serve on the Budget Committee
More detailed descriptions of Officer Duties can be found in the “Tools of the Trade” on the National website: